Research projects at the department
Central to the research projects below is an exploration of processes of continuity and change in gender relations in different historical periods, within highly diversified groups and in a variety of societal contexts. Furthermore the research projects share a common interest in exploring general patterns through which relations of gender have been both historically regulated through the state and its institutions, but also resisted, renamed and reinterpreted both collectively and individually.
Ongoing Research Projects
- Liveability at the crossroad of religion, gender and sexuality. An ethnographic study of religious and social barriers encountered by LGBTQ+ people across diverse traditions of faith.
- Intergenerational care in Sweden. A study of relationships, commitments, and practices of care in everyday family life
Alternativa kunskapsanspråk om kopparspiralens och HPV-vaccinets risker i de sociala mediernas tid
Work less, live more? Voluntary part-time work and consequences for health, well-being and life satisfaction
- Climate Disasters and Gendered Violence in Asia
- De-centring Pride: An ethnographic study of Pride festivals beyond the metropolitan areas of Sweden
Migrant mothers, Racialised Children. Dilemmas , Struggles and Visions
Cooperatives. Transformative sustainable practices or lost in everyday routines? A study of the production of time, space and social relations.
- Linnaeus-Palme Exchange Program on Gender and Space
- Mellan relation och prostitution: Sugardejting och omförhandlingen av gränsen mellan ekonomi och intimitet
The #metoo momentum and its aftermath: digital justice seeking and societal and legal responses
When the state won’t do: Aids and civil society in Sweden 1982–2000
‘Precariousness at Work: Workplace Violence against Women Employees in Nordic Companies Outsourced to Asia’.
Veils, rainbow flags and manga. Gender , sexuality , resistance and belonging in a transnationell time
Social Movements in Troubled Water – Nordic Sex Workers’ Organisations 1977–2017
Sorti och protest - en intersektionell studie om sjuksköterskors och socionomers benägenhet att lämna yrket
The court as an emerging arena for struggles against and about racism
- The Rise of the New Big Science: Opportunities and challenges for nations, universities and science
- Young trans and intersex peoples' experience of school
Ongoing doctoral projects
- An outsider within the nation? Jewish identity and anti-Jew racism in contemporary Sweden (Hansalbin Sältenberg)
- Decolonising Feminism: Sami Feminist Conversations (Ina Knobblock)
- Feminist explorations of Value: From informal traders to global finance capital (Riya Raphael)
- Gendered Punitive Regimes in the War on Drugs: The Brazilian Case (Amaranta Thompson)
- "Walking or rolling – everybody wants to fuck” (Mikael M Karlsson)
- Kampen om välfärdsarbetets värde och pris - Fackligt aktiva kommunalare minns strejken 2003 (Kristin Linderoth)
- Male Sex Workers. A comparative study of a fringe phenomenon in Italy and Sweden (Marco Bacio)